Our main goal and principles are:
- Co-operation, interaction and knowledge exchange regarding the literature and the cultures of the Balkan peoples.
- We believe that such an organization will justify its existence through the international knowledge exchange regarding the cultures of the Balkan peoples, as follows: Serbian, Bulgarian, Greek, Macedonian, Romanian, Turkish, Albanian, Montenegrin, Bosnian and Croats etc.
- United around the “Forum of the Writers of the Balkan States”, the literature and culture actors of these peoples will present them in front of the European and the world cultural communities in a more successful and convincing manner.
- The activity of the “Forum of the Writers of the Balkan States” will include the organization of writers’ meetings, publication of books (anthologies, collections, individual author’s books and magazines etc.) in electronic and paper versions, as well as the establishment and the granting of literary awards for any kind of literary activity.
- Along with that, the Forum will have to organize meetings of writers, festivals, joint events of the Balkan states, of the European Union and the states outside of the European Union.